MISSIONS AID INTERNATIONAL
OCTOBER EVENT 2018
INFORMATION FOR VOLUNTEERS
The October Event program started in October 2004 with a free medical outreach to Ghana. Since then, this great idea of mobilizing professionals and resources to open up the unreached frontiers of Africa to the gospel of salvation has somewhat gone viral. Since 2004, the October Event train has entered ten countries: Ghana, Cameroun, Togo, Gambia, Benin Republic, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda. With our policy of engaging 2 countries simultaneously each year, six of these countries have enjoyed return visits during the same period. Also the October Event train has mobilized and trained over 350 project and missions volunteers comprising Medical Doctors, Vocational trainers, Pastors, Evangelists, Educationists, Career Missionaries, Youth Leaders and artisans. From amongst these 350 personnel, each October Event Project mobilizes between 60 and 100 volunteers who make themselves available at their own personal costs to ensure that our Lord Jesus never suffers a loss anywhere in the continent of Africa.
- VENUES FOR OCTOBER EVENT 2018
For the first time the October Event train moves over to Southern Africa, to the country of Mozambique. This Event will involve Free Medicare, Free Vocational Training and Church Planting.
Due to the need to follow up the work done in African countries over the years and provide discipleship and hardware support, MAI has been engaging two countries simultaneously for each October Event. The second country is chosen for follow up of the work previously undertaken and discipleship of existing members. For 2018, the second country is Togo, with venue at the capital city of Lome.
- RESOURCE REQUIREMENTS FOR OCTOBER EVENT 2018
About 50 volunteers are required to operate the mission to Mozambique and 40 others for Lome, Togo.
3.2. FUNDING THROUGH PARTICIPATION FEES
- MOZAMBIQUE: The participation fee for the Mozambique mission is N350,000 and this will pay for Return Flight Tickets, Hotel Accommodation, Feeding and local transportation. In addition to this fee, volunteers have responsibility for their travelling documents (International Passport, Yellow Card) and Visas.A major problem with previous October Event programs was the late payment of participation fees with the result that most of the money went into paying for flight tickets that were booked at exorbitant costs just few days to the program. As a solution to this problem, we have made arrangements that volunteers for this Mozambique mission should save up on average about N60,000 monthly between now and the end of August 2018. This will create a pool that will enable us to buy out some of the tickets at reasonable prices. Those who are unable to pay part-fees in advance may have to pay the increased ticket fees after August in addition to the normal participation fees.
- TOGO: The participation fee for the Togo Mission is N50,000 and this will pay for return Bus Fares, Hotel Accommodation, Feeding and local transportation. In addition, volunteers have responsibility for their travelling documents (International Passport and Yellow Card). Payment for the Togo program must be made before 15thSeptember 2018.
- FUNDING THROUGH DONATIONS
The participants’ fees are expected to pay the personal costs of participants. Most times the hotel and feeding bills need to be subsidized. In addition, the entire program costs (drugs, vocational training materials, printing & mobilization, Lighting & Equipment, etc.) are to be funded through the generous donations of MAI partners and members. About N6 million is needed for this cause. We acknowledge the strategic aid of IRM, USA and other donors in this regard and do hope for more support from other stakeholders that could reduce the financial distress that accompanies the October Event program each year.
- 5. REGISTRATION
Registration for October Event 2018 is open from 1st March 2018. Volunteers may fill and send the Registration form online through our website: www.missions-aid.org. Otherwise, information on your intention to participate may be sent to the Executive Director as an SMS to this number: 08033314742.
BANK ACCOUNTS FOR OCTOBER EVENT 2018
Missions Aid International
Fidelity Bank Plc.
Charismatic Renewal Ministries
Zenith Bank Plc.
Thanks and God bless you.
Pastor EmmaJoe Nwachukwu
Executive Director, MAI.