MISSIONS WEEK 2018
SUNDAY 1ST TO SUNDAY 8TH APRIL 2018
8 DAYS PRAYER GUIDE
“When he looked out over the crowds, his heart broke. So confused and aimless they were, like sheep with no shepherd. ‘What a huge harvest’ he said to his disciples. “How few workers! On your knees and pray for harvest hands!” (Matt 9:36-38 THE MESSAGE.)
The Master’s answer to the huge harvest with an inadequate workforce is to PRAY. Yes, if there is anything the Church of Christ needs today, it is prayers. According to John R. Mott “Every other consideration and plan and emphasis is secondary to that of wielding the forces of prayer” Our focus for the 2018 Missions Week is “Winning The War for Souls in Africa.” Let us therefore join hands with the Almighty to make the missions enterprise of CRM Missions, a success. Below is a guide to help you to pray. Receive Grace.
Sunday 1st April (Thanksgiving to God & Prayer for Workers)
- Thank and praise God for the many exploits of CRM Missions and Missions Aid International in the past years. Exalt God for the many lives and communities he has used CRM missions to touch and empower.
- Pray for God’s grace upon the lives and the families of the Missions Director, Pst. EmmaJoe Nwachukwu and the Missions’ Coordinating Committee members.
- Bring all financial supporters of CRM Missions and their families before the throne of grace, that they may boldly obtain mercy and grace in time of need (Heb 4:16).
- Ask for great grace and divine enablement for all CRM missionaries, in Nigeria, Africa and the diaspora.
- Thank the Lord for the vision of CRM winning the war for African Souls. By 2017 Africa had about 1.25 trillion people. What a great harvest to cry to God for.
Monday 2rd April, (Pray for CRM Mission to East Africa.)
- RWANDA: The Government of Rwanda recently started a clamp down on Christian churches and within a few weeks over 700 churches were closed down along with one mosque. The Government was asking for a minimum standard of ownership of land and building by the churches and action against noise pollution. The CRM Church in Kigali was closed down on 13th March 2018.
Let us pray for all the Churches in Rwanda using CRM Rwanda as a point of contact. Ask for a way forward in reviving spirituality in the people and land of of Rwanda.
Let us also pray for the National Overseer of CRM Rwanda, Pst. Emma Gberekpee and his family, against discouragement and for the provision of their needs..
- TANZANIA: Let us pray for Pst. Stanley Opara and his family and thank God for the progress of the CRM church in Dar Es Salaam. Pray for a harvest of souls in Tanzania that boasts a 59 million population this year.
- UGANDA: Let us pray for Pst. Emma Ekwueme and his family and thank God for the progress of the CRM church in Uganda. The CRM Church in Kampala started a new branch in February 2018. Pray for a harvest of souls in Uganda that boasts a population of 44 million people this year.
Tuesday 3rd April, (CRM Mission to West Africa 1.)
- NIGERIA: Let us thank God for the great work that God has used CRM to do in Nigeria. As at today, CRM has reached 34 of the 36 states in Nigeria, plus Abuja. In June this year, CRM Missions is reaching out to Katsina State (and will plant a Church in the village of the Nigerian President) bringing the number to 35 States. Notwithstanding, we are yet to scratch the harvest of souls God has planned in Nigeria with her population of 194 million as at 2018 statistics. Let us pray for a greater harvest of souls in Nigeria.
Let us pray for all our State Overseers in Nigeria (Use your own State Overseer as a point of contact.) Also pray for all CRM Pastors serving in Nigeria.
- BENIN REPUBLIC: The CRM Church in Benin Republic is one of the most vibrant groups of indigenous brethren in CRM worldwide. The Church is in need of money to make up for the purchase of their own land. Pray for them for a divine visitation that will position CRM Benin to impact on the country’s population of 11.5 million.
Let us pray for Pst. Joe Atere and his family and thank God for the progress of the CRM church in Cotonou.
Wednesday 4th April, (Pray for CRM Mission to West Africa 2.)
- TOGO: The CRM church in Lome has faced enormous challenges and as at now is clutching itself to survive the attack of extinction. Let us pray that God will strengthen the spiritual muscles of their leaders, especially Pst. Chantal and her family and enable them to return to vibrancy.
Let us pray that God will give CRM Lome a befitting venue and enable them to impact on the country’s population of 8 million souls.
Let us pray that God will use October Event 2018 in Togo to revive and reposition CRM Lome.
- GHANA: CRM, Ghana, with her three parishes, is one of the oldest and most successful outposts of CRM in Africa. At the moment they have a vision of building a mega building that will help give the church a voice in their country. Let us ask the Lord to assist this project.
Let us pray for Pst. Louis Benson and his family and thank God for the progress of the CRM church in Accra and environs. Pray for a harvest of souls in Ghana that boasts a 29 million population this year.
Thursday 5th April, (Pray for CRM Mission to West Africa 3.)
- SIERRA LEONE: CRM Sierra Leone is one of the most vibrant and successful plants of CRM Missions in Africa. With over 90 % indigenous membership the church has since started a second branch in the country.
Let us pray for Pst. Chris Roberts and his family and thank God for the progress of the CRM church in Freetown. Pray for a harvest of souls in Sierra Leone that boasts a population of 7.7 million people this year.
- LIBERIA: CRM Liberia experienced a change of baton in leadership in February 2018. Pst. Mike Ameh, who had pastored the church for 5 years resigned after a meritorious service due to family concerns as his family could not join him in Monrovia. Pastor Ehis Orhiaki who had served well in Malaysia was reposted to the Liberia mission field. His assignment is to disciple existing local leaders and hand over to one of them while prospecting for the planting of new parishes in both Monrovia and the hinterland.
Let us pray for Pst. Ehis Orhiaki and his family and thank God for the progress of the CRM church in Monrovia as they are building their own church building. Pray for God to assist their church building and catalyze a harvest of souls in Liberia that boasts a population of 4.9 million people this year.
Friday 6th April, (Pray for CRM Mission to West Africa 4.)
- THE GAMBIA: CRM The Gambia is one of the well-established missionary outposts of the Ministry. It is one of the few fields where we have achieved indigenization with Pst. Tony Chibueze, the pioneer pastor and missionary, handing over the position of National Overseer to an indigene, Dr. Benard Mendy, about 2 years ago. Though CRM Gambia boasts of 3 parishes, two of those parishes are in urgent need of church halls.
Let us pray for Pst. Benard Mendy and his family and thank God for the progress of the CRM churches in The Gambia. Pray for God to assist them to catalyze a harvest of souls in Gambia, a predominantly Muslim country that boasts a population of 2.1 million people this year.
- Cameroon: CRM Cameroon was once the largest performing CRM mission outside of Nigeria with three balanced indigenous parishes. However the church has been under ferocious attacks from the enemy and is in need of prayers for God to revitalize the brethren and reset their gaze, not on bickering against each other but on confronting the forces of darkness that are bent on drowning the nearly 25 million souls that populate the country.
Let us pray for Pst. Jude Ukpabi and his family for God to assist them and the brethren in CRM Cameroon to catalyze a revival and harvest of souls in that country.
Saturday 7th April, (Pray for CRM Mission to Southern Africa.)
- South Africa: CRM has two parishes in South Africa. The National Overseer, Pst. Light Eze, pastors the centre in Cape Town while Pastors Wale & Kelechi Ifekoya pastor the centre in Johannesburg.
Let us pray for Pst. Light Eze and his family and also Pastor Wale Ifekoya and his family, for God to assist them and the brethren in CRM South Africa to catalyze a revival and harvest of souls in that country that boasts of 57 million souls.
- Mozambique: About one year ago, a CRM brother from Port Harcourt travelled to Mozambique for business purposes. After several attempts at worshipping in existing churches, he came to a conclusion that the local churches were spiritually inadequate and he decided to start a CRM church by himself. The rest of the story is history as the indigenes embraced the new church passionately.
Let us pray for Bro. Chukwudi Onuoha, for God to assist him and the brethren in CRM Mozambique to catalyze a revival and harvest of souls in that country that boasts of over 30 million souls
Let us also pray for the October Event 2018 programme that has been slated for Mozambique, that God will make it a success and make all needed resources available.
Sunday 8th April, (Pray for CRM Missions Generally.)
- Come against every form of discouragement in the lives and ministries of our CRM missionaries.
- Pray that the Fulani people will come to know and accept Jesus Christ as the true Shepherd of their souls. Take authority over every spirit and demonic practice that have kept the Fulani from embracing the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Come against the activities of the queen of heaven in the lives of Catholics both in Nigeria and Africa.
- Pray for harvest hands: Missionaries, Intercessors, and Financiers for the work of CRM Missions in Nigeria and Africa.
- Ask God to touch your own heart to be more financially committed to the work of missions in CRM.